How Many Miles Do Tires Last?
If you want your tires to last a long time on Rockville Centre roads, proper tire care is important. Most tires that came on your new vehicle and any high-quality replacement tires from good tire manufacturers should last approximately 50,000 miles. Get more details on tire life and tire wear below, and reach out to the Land Rover Freeport service center or parts center if you have any more questions. When it’s time for new tires, schedule service at Land Rover Freeport.
What Factors Affect Tire Life?
Depending on various factors like road conditions, driving habits, and more, the answers to “how many miles do tires last” and “how many miles should tires last” might be very different. Find out if any of these factors might be affecting your tire tread life in Garden City.
- Type of tire: High-performance tires are designed to provide extra grip on the roads but may wear faster than all-season tires, which have less rolling resistance.
- Treadwear rating: Your tires also come with a treadwear rating which rates the life expectancy of the tire treads.
- Drivetrain: Tires wear differently on front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all-wheel drive vehicles, because of which axle/tires the main power is directed to. Tires also need to be rotated differently depending on the vehicle’s drivetrain in order to extend each tire’s lifespan
- Road conditions: Gravel or dirt roads will wear tires faster, as well as construction, snow, salt, rain, and ice. Off-roading will also shorten the life of your tires, but there are also specially-designed off-roading tires if you do it frequently.
- Terrain: If you live in an area with inclines on the roads, more friction on the tires is required to start and stop the vehicle than on flat surfaces.
- Driving habits: Rapidly accelerating and braking will wear out your tires faster than accelerating gradually and coasting when possible. If you do more city driving this typically includes more stopping and starting as well.
Tire Care Tips For Long-Lasting Tires
- Inspect for proper air pressure when you fill your gas tank, as many gas stations have tire inflation stations.
- Regularly inspect tire tread depth for tire tread wear.
- Rotate your tires for more even distribution of tire wear.
- Take your vehicle in for regularly scheduled maintenance.
Take Care of Your Tires at Land Rover Freeport
When it’s time to replace your tires in Massapequa, visit Land Rover Freeport, and take advantage of our service coupons to save on your next visit. You can rely on the Land Rover Freeport service center to help you with any of your automotive needs and questions, like how to care for leather seats, when to replace your car battery, or how to prepare an emergency roadside kit.
Learn More at Land Rover Freeport
Changing a car battery is something that many people chose to leave up to a mechanic, but if you want to save some money and learn a valuable life skill continue reading! To get started with this tutorial you are going to want to make sure that you have some essential items including: a battery…
Before getting started make sure you have a wrench, an oil filter wrench, and oil drain pan, a funnel, gloves, a jack, new oil, and an oil filter. First, you should check your vehicle’s manual to make sure that you buy the correct type of oil for your car. Depending on your vehicle, you might…
Your Land Rover vehicle’s dashboard is a hub of activity, from the gas gauge and the speedometer to the warning light panel, but do you know what to do when your vehicle’s warning symbols light up? Get to know some of the most common Land Rover dashboard warning lights, and learn what to do when…