Land Rover vs. Range Rover: What’s the Difference?
Many are familiar with the storied Land Rover history and legendary off-road capabilities of the four-wheel drive models, but not everyone knows the exact difference between the terms “Land Rover” and “Range Rover.” Land Rover is a brand, while a Range Rover is a midsize SUV model within that iconic brand, but it is common for people to confuse the two. Learn the difference at Land Rover Freeport before you schedule a test drive visit us near Rockville Centre, or learn more fun facts about Land Rover!
The History of Land Rover and the Range Rover
The relationship between Land Rover and the Range Rover is simple once you get the hang of it. Land Rover is the name of the manufacturer that produces a model called the Land Rover Range Rover. Since its debut in the 1970s as a leisure SUV, the Range Rover has brought off-road performance to the next level. Now in its fourth generation, this model continues to set the standard for what a performance SUV is truly capable of, while still offering the high-end comforts and standard features you expect in a luxury SUV in Garden City.
Current Land Rover Range Rover Models
Range Rover also lends its name to a lineup of SUVs within the Land Rover brand. This four-vehicle lineup is also known as the “Range Rover family”, that pairs off-road capability with high-end luxury. Here’s a breakdown of all the Range Rover models currently manufactured by Land Rover:
- Land Rover Range Rover: This original flagship SUV sets the standard for off-road performance and luxury features.
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport: This rendition remains luxurious, but puts more emphasis on off-road sportiness.
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque: Choose either a traditional crossover or a sleek convertible crossover.
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar: The newest iteration of the Range Rover is a medium-sized SUV that offers the same Land Rover technology you know and love.
Additional Land Rover Models
- Land Rover Discovery: This is one of the more spacious Land Rover models, and it has plenty of safety features like a rearview camera with parking sensors.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport: With many of the same features as the Discovery, the Discovery Sport is a bit more compact and off-road-ready.
- Land Rover Defender: Coming back in 2020, this refreshed version of a classic Land Rover model will be watertight and highly capable off-road.
Browse Range Rover Configurations at Land Rover Freeport
The new lineup of Land Rover SUVs is available right now at our dealership near Massapequa! We offer the Freeport Advantage to all of our customers, so you can count on great service and a good Land Rover deal. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our Range Rover models, compare rivals like the Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5, and learn more about the 2020 Range Rover seating capacity today!
Learn More at Land Rover Freeport
2023 Land Rover Inventory The 2023 Land Rover Defender is the perfect combination of style, luxury, and capability. The bold exterior design and the ability to be taken off-road makes it the perfect luxury SUV for auto shoppers looking to turn heads no matter how far off the grid they decide to go. Learn more…
You’ve probably heard how important tire rotations are for the longevity of your tires and Land Rover itself, but how often do you need to actually rotate them? Our Land Rover Freeport service department suggests rotating your tires after every 5,000 to 6,000 miles of driving or when you change your oil. If your tires…
New Range Rover Inventory The 2023 Range Rover is truly a sight to behold, combining contemporary Range Rover luxury with peerless refinement. Every journey is an occasion in the new Range Rover, delivering on the quintessential meaning of a luxury SUV. Refinement and Luxury in the 2023 Range Rover From Power Assisted Doors to massage…