Land Rover vs. Range Rover: What’s the Difference?
Many are familiar with the storied Land Rover history and legendary off-road capabilities of the four-wheel drive models, but not everyone knows the exact difference between the terms “Land Rover” and “Range Rover.” Land Rover is a brand, while a Range Rover is a midsize SUV model within that iconic brand, but it is common for people to confuse the two. Learn the difference at Land Rover Freeport before you schedule a test drive visit us near Rockville Centre, or learn more fun facts about Land Rover!
The History of Land Rover and the Range Rover
The relationship between Land Rover and the Range Rover is simple once you get the hang of it. Land Rover is the name of the manufacturer that produces a model called the Land Rover Range Rover. Since its debut in the 1970s as a leisure SUV, the Range Rover has brought off-road performance to the next level. Now in its fourth generation, this model continues to set the standard for what a performance SUV is truly capable of, while still offering the high-end comforts and standard features you expect in a luxury SUV in Garden City.
Current Land Rover Range Rover Models
Range Rover also lends its name to a lineup of SUVs within the Land Rover brand. This four-vehicle lineup is also known as the “Range Rover family”, that pairs off-road capability with high-end luxury. Here’s a breakdown of all the Range Rover models currently manufactured by Land Rover:
- Land Rover Range Rover: This original flagship SUV sets the standard for off-road performance and luxury features.
- Land Rover Range Rover Sport: This rendition remains luxurious, but puts more emphasis on off-road sportiness.
- Land Rover Range Rover Evoque: Choose either a traditional crossover or a sleek convertible crossover.
- Land Rover Range Rover Velar: The newest iteration of the Range Rover is a medium-sized SUV that offers the same Land Rover technology you know and love.
Additional Land Rover Models
- Land Rover Discovery: This is one of the more spacious Land Rover models, and it has plenty of safety features like a rearview camera with parking sensors.
- Land Rover Discovery Sport: With many of the same features as the Discovery, the Discovery Sport is a bit more compact and off-road-ready.
- Land Rover Defender: Coming back in 2020, this refreshed version of a classic Land Rover model will be watertight and highly capable off-road.
Browse Range Rover Configurations at Land Rover Freeport
The new lineup of Land Rover SUVs is available right now at our dealership near Massapequa! We offer the Freeport Advantage to all of our customers, so you can count on great service and a good Land Rover deal. Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions about our Range Rover models, compare rivals like the Discovery Sport vs. BMW X5, and learn more about the 2020 Range Rover seating capacity today!
Learn More at Land Rover Freeport
The brand-new 2020 Range Rover Sport is the most dynamic Range Rover yet. For many years, the Range Rover Sport has combined the brands renowned off-road dexterity, luxury, and definitive styling with superb performance and family-friendly features. Additionally, from being the most capable performers in its class, the brand-new Land Rover model’s interior has been…
The 2020 Land Rover Discovery has several models (more than the Mercedes GLS but let’s not go there). Today we’re going to compare the 2020 Land Rover Discovery HSE versus the 2020 Mercedes-Ben GLS 450 in terms of capabilities, specifications, and more. With the abundance of luxury vehicles, it could be a challenging task these…
The 2020 Land Rover Defender represents 70 years of technological innovation. The vehicle combines the Defender’s history of being reliable, well built, and all-terrain with a customizable interior, technological advancements, and accessory packs that bring the vehicle into the 21st century. Explore the 2020 Land Rover interior, high tech features, and test drive a brand-new…