Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control Info
Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control is a driver-assistance technology suite available in new Land Rover SUVs that enhances the more common cruise control features you find on most new cars. Land Rover cars come standard with the latest Cruise Control & Speed Limiter, which allows you to set a maximum speed to help you avoid breaking speed limits in Rockville Centre, while Land Rover Adaptive Cruise Control goes further with its capabilities. Learn more below, then explore the Land Rover dashboard lights, and contact us at Land Rover Freeport if you have any questions!
How Does Adaptive Cruise Control Work?
- When Adaptive Cruise Control is engaged, the vehicle’s speed automatically reduces if a slower moving vehicle is detected in front of you.
- The system uses its sensors to maintain a safe following distance to the vehicle ahead.
- If the system detects that the slower moving vehicle is no longer present, it automatically raises your vehicle speed back up to the originally set cruise control speed.
Deactivating Adaptive Cruise Control
Adaptive Cruise Control automatically deactivates in certain scenarios, but will still retain the memory of its most recent settings. Below are reasons the system would deactivate while you are driving the Garden City roads:
- The CAN button on the steering wheel is pressed
- The brake pedal is pressed.
- All Terrain Progress Control (ATPC) is selected.
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) or Electronic Traction Control (ETC) activates.
- The Electric Parking Brake (EPB) is applied.
- Hill Descent Control (HDC) is selected.
- When the speed limiter is in operation (when the pre-set speed limit has been reached).
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go / Queue Assist
New Land Rover models equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control are also accompanied by Stop & Go or Queue Assist–these are the same feature referred to by different names. Here’s how this smart cruise control feature works:
- This feature is used in slow-moving lines of heavy traffic.
- When the vehicle in front of you slows to a standstill, the system brings your vehicle to a standstill.
- When the vehicle in front of you moves forward again, tap the accelerator pedal and the system will continue to maintain a safe following distance.
- The following distance can be adjusted on your steering wheel-mounted controls.
What Models Have Adaptive Cruise Control?
- 2019 Range Rover: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Sport: Available on base trim with the Drive Pro Package
- 2019 Range Rover Velar: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
- 2019 Range Rover Evoque: Available on base trim with Driver Assistance Plus Package
- 2019 Discovery: Available on base trim with Drive Package
- 2019 Discovery Sport: Available on higher trim levels as an individual add-on
Explore Land Rover Technology at Land Rover Freeport
Explore more Land Rover safety features and technology like InControl® Touch Pro at Land Rover Freeport near Massapequa, and contact our Freeport Land Rover dealership for a test drive when you are ready to experience a Land Rover in person!
More From Land Rover Freeport
Your Land Rover vehicle’s dashboard is a hub of activity, from the gas gauge and the speedometer to the warning light panel, but do you know what to do when your vehicle’s warning symbols light up? Get to know some of the most common Land Rover dashboard warning lights, and learn what to do when…
If you are shopping for an off-road-capable SUV in Rockville Centre that still pampers passengers with interior features, consider the 2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport. With seating for five and an optional third row for two more seats, this model can adapt to whatever amount of passengers and cargo you have, and you can enjoy luxury SUV amenities…
How does the brake system work? Understanding how brakes work is helpful for proper brake maintenance and avoiding straining your brakes on Rockville Centre roads. And since Land Rover models are designed to handle intense activity and braking, the brake system technology is more advanced than in your average car. Learn more about braking systems at Land Rover Freeport,…